- Christmas and New Year Pay Arrangements 2017/18
- Handling Service Users’ Money
- Cork CIL Policies and Staff Handbook
- Mileage and Allowable Expenses
- Annual Leave
- VHI Employee Assistance Programme
- The Bike to Work Scheme
- The Haddington Road Agreement
Christmas and New Year Pay Arrangements 2017/18
All PAs are advised to read the document listed below for important information on Christmas and New Year timesheet deadlines:
Handling Service Users’ Money
In 2016, we introduced the Supporting Service Users with Financial Transactions and Handling Service Users’ Money Policy (see below) to all Service Users & Personal Assistants (PAs). Following useful feedback from PAs, it has been reviewed and updated.
PAs have been asked to inform the Office if they support any service user with his/her financial transactions, or if they handle Service Users’ money. This includes everything from shopping to supporting them in a bank/credit union/post office, to assistance with online transactions.
It is essential that there is a signed agreement in place for this so we can be confident that we are supporting service users safely by following best practice.
If you have any queries, please email:
Please take the time to read the Policy available from the link below:
- Supporting Service Users with Financial Transactions and Handling Service Users’ Money Policy Rev 2017 (PDF, 321kb)
Cork CIL Policies and Staff Handbook
The Cork CIL Policies are important. They guide our services and describe what Cork CIL expects of all staff. The Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse Policy (see below) has been updated. This should be read in conjunction with the National Policy (see below). An information session for all PA staff will be announced shortly.
The Cork CIL Staff handbook (see below) has been developed for ALL staff. We will be updating this in 2017. If you have any feedback or ideas please email:
In the meantime, you are encouraged to read the Handbook. It forms part of your work agreement with Cork CIL. The Cork CIL Policies and Procedures provide the framework in which we operate. They apply equally to all staff. They are reviewed regularly. Please find below a list of links to the Staff Handbook and a range of Cork CIL Policies. Not all the policies are online. If you cannot see what you are looking for, please contact us directly. We welcome your comments and feedback.
- Cork CIL Staff Handbook Rev 2012 (PDF, 1Mb)
- Leave Policies Rev 2016 (PDF, 897kb)
- Sickness Absence Policy Rev 2011 (PDF, 128kb)
- Driving at Work Policy Rev 2015 (PDF, 905kb)
- Child Protection Policy Rev 2013 (MS Word, 2Mb)
- Children First (PDF, 1Mb)
- Trust in Care (PDF, 141kb)
- Intimate Care Policy and Guidelines Regarding Children Rev 2013 (MS Word, 69kb)
- Cork CIL Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy Rev 2017 (PDF, 648kb)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse: National Policy and Procedure (PDF, 2Mb)
- Medication Management Guidelines: Cork CIL Principles of Safe and Appropriate Handling of Medicines Rev 2016 (PDF, 304kb)
Time sheets are important. They are a record of hours worked, a record of hours received by a Leader, and your pay is based on the information you submit. Payroll is processed every 2 weeks. Timesheets must be submitted by 5.00 PM of the payroll week (see below). Timesheets can either be submitted by email to:
or by post to:
but must reach us by the deadline:
- Timesheet Deadlines for 2017 (Excel, 68kb)
Below are links to a short guide to completing timesheets and a blank timesheet for you to download and use:
Mileage and Allowable Expenses
Staff may, on occasion and with PRIOR authorisation, be eligible to claim mileage and some allowable expenses:
- Mileage and Allowable Expenses General Claim Form Rev 2013 (MS Word, 126kb)
- Driving a Service User Mileage Claim Form Rev 2013 (MS Word, 77kb)
A short guide to requesting annual leave and public holidays is available below. Please read in conjunction with the Cork CIL Leave Policy and Staff Handbook (see above).
- A Short Guide to Annual Leave Rev 2013 (MS Word, 795kb)
- Annual Leave Policies Rev 2016 (PDF, 897kb)
- Annual Leave Request Forms Rev 2013 (Excel, 22kb)
Request forms for annual leave can be emailed to:
VHI Employee Assistance Programme
Cork CIL recognises the pressures all staff and their families experience, and that internal resources are sometimes not appropriate for personal concerns. We also know that it is in everyone’s best interest to ensure that personal and work-related problems are solved as early as possible.
To support staff, Cork CIL offers employees and their families access to the VHI Employee Assistance Programme (VHI-EAP). Through the VHI EAP service, counselling and specialist information services will be available to you and your family. You will be able to talk to a counsellor on the phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also see a counsellor locally for face-to-face counselling, as long as this is clinically appropriate. The service is completely confidential and nobody will ever know that you have used it unless you choose to tell them. The service is provided by trained and experienced staff that are professionally qualified and bound by the codes of conduct of the professional bodies to which they belong.
Call freephone in the Republic of Ireland:
1800 995 955
For further information on EAP, please read the documents listed below:
- Employee Assistance Programme (PDF, 1013kb)
- National Safeguarding Office Newsletter: February, 2017 (PDF, 128kb)
- Global EAP Monthly: June, 2017 (PDF, 913kb)
- How to Log Into Your Live Well Portal (PDF, 178kb)
The Bike to Work Scheme
Cork CIL offers a Bike to Work Scheme. For more information please email:
The Haddington Road Agreement
The Haddington Road Agreement (HRA) is a public sector agreement which sets out measures on productivity, cost extraction and reform which together will achieve the targeted pay bill reduction. The Agreement builds on the measures set out in the Public Service Agreement 2010–2014. The full agreement can be easily accessed on line. Download and read the document listed below for a short guide to the impact of the HRA on Cork CIL PA staff:
- A Short Guide to the Haddington Road Agreement (MS Word, 788kb)