You have certain legal rights concerning your information and the way we process it. This includes:
- a right to get access to your personal information.
- a right to request us to correct inaccurate information or update incomplete information.
- a right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- a right to request the deletion of personal information excluding medical records.
- a right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format.
- a right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances;and
- a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection commissioner.
You can request Access to your Cork CIL Records by making a Subject Access Request (SAR). You can do this either by:
- Calling the Cork CIL office 021 432 2651.
- Sending an email request to Data_SAR@corkcil.ie
- Writing a letter to: Data Protection Officer. Cork Centre for Independent Living; or
- Downloading and completing the on-line Data Request Form. (Click the following link to open the On-line Subject Data Request Form )
You do not need to register your personal information in order to use our website. If you do submit personal information to the website, the information will be used for the purposes you requested. The information may be stored and maintained. We will use your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we obtain your specific consent to other uses, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We may collect information about your activity at this website. The website may automatically recognise and store information about the type of browser you are using, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the time, the date, the length of your visit and the referring site. This information is collected via computer code sent to your computer (commonly referred to as “cookies”). It is Cork CIL's policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete a website visitor’s request. By using our website and submitting information to us you are agreeing to the collection and use of your information as described in this Policy Notice.
In order to provide the website, we may need to transfer User Data to locations outside the jurisdiction in which a visitor is viewing the website (the User Jurisdiction) and process User Data outside the User Jurisdiction. If the User Jurisdiction is within the European Economic Area (the EEA), please note that such transfers and processing of personal data may be in locations outside the EEA. Any data sent or uploaded by users may be accessible in jurisdictions outside the User Jurisdiction (including outside the EEA). The level of data protection offered in such jurisdictions may be less than that offered within the User Jurisdiction or (as the case may be) within the EEA. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not consent to the transfer of this information to locations outside the User Jurisdiction (including, if applicable, outside the EEA). There are several places throughout this website that may link to other Websites that do not operate under Cork CIL ‘s privacy practices. When visitors link to other Websites, Cork CIL’s privacy practices no longer apply. We encourage visitors to review each site’s privacy notice before disclosing any personally identifiable information.
Cork CIL reserves the right to modify or amend this statement at any time. The effective date will be displayed at the beginning of this statement.