Careers at Cork CIL
Our staff are our most valuable resource.
Join the Team – We Are Recruiting
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Location: Kinsale
Cork Centre for Independent Living (CCIL) is a HSE funded, not for profit organisation. Cork CIL specialises in working with people with disabilities aged 18-65 offering supports to promote independent living, choice, and control in their daily lives. It is an important job that makes a real difference.
Cork CIL PA’s work with people with disabilities in their own home and communities. We need people who have a good understanding of the impact of having a disability and the importance of professional boundaries and confidentiality.
The role of the PA is tailored to meet the requirements of the individual Service User and varies from person to person. It can include support with intimate personal care, support with day-to-day activities like cooking and shopping as well as supporting social activities. If you have experience in working with people with disabilities or care work, we want to meet you.
Cork CIL is currently recruiting part-time skilled and experienced Personal Assistant (PA) to work with a person with a physical disability in Kinsale.
We are looking for experienced, caring and skilled staff that are available to work the following sessions: Mon to Sun 09:30-11:30 or 09:30-10:30 and 21:00-22:00.
This role includes assistance with intimate personal care, showering, food prep, assistance with therapy programmes, among other tasks. Up to date Patient Moving and Handling, hoist experience and experience with intimate personal care is essential for this role.
Other part time work based in Cork city may be available for the suitable candidate.
- Part Time Roster: Early Mornings and Nights
- Attractive rates of pay €14.05 to €16.99 gross per hour depending on experience
- Anti -social and Saturday Premia, Double Time on Sundays and Public Holidays
- Own transport required
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- QQI Level 5 Health care or equivalent
- Patient Moving & Manual Handling & Hoist Exp
- Understanding or experience of disability an advantage
- Min of 6 months 200 hrs experience caring for others: personal or previous work experience
Your responsibilities as a Personal Assistant include
- Providing a high standard of person-centred care and support in compliance with Cork CIL Policies & Guidelines
- Assistance with ADL
- Social support
- Essential qualities of a Personal Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion, and patience
Staff Benefits Include:
- Mandatory Skills Training
- VHI Employee Assistance Programme
- A sick pay scheme after 12 months
- Reimbursement of some work-related travel costs for eligible staff
- Friendly and caring office staff who are always on hand to help and support you with your work, queries and concerns with excellent support and supervision
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide:
- 3 recent written references
- Evidence of qualifications and training to date
Successful applicants will need to complete
- Cork CIL Induction Training
- Covid -19 and Infection Control Training
- Garda Vetting will be carried out by CIL prior to induction training
Queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read the full Job Description and Person Specification below.
If this role is for you, click here to Apply Online
Alternatively, you can download an application form below and submit this by post or by attaching to the message box.
Please do not send your CV
|Job Title:||Personal Assistant (PA) – Adult Services - General|
|Location:||Cork City / County as required|
|Grade:||HSE consolidated salary scale aligned to Healthcare Support Assistants|
|Point of Scale:||Dependent on experience|
|Hours:||To be confirmed|
|Reporting to:||Assisted Living Services Co-ordinator|
|Accountable to:||General Manager|
|Job Description:||Download the full Job Description and Person Specification here: Job Description - PA General Then click here to Apply Online||Download the full Job Description and Person Specification here: Job Description - PA General Then click here to Apply Online|