Careers at Cork CIL
Our staff are our most valuable resource
Join the Team – We Are Recruiting
Personal Assistant/Healthcare Worker required to assist a woman to live independently in her own home in Minane Bridge/Carrigaline area
- Duties will include personal care (showering, toileting dressing etc.), assistance with physiotherapy routine and some light meal preparation.
- There are morning, lunchtime and evening sessions (Monday to Sunday) to choose from. Please see details below (times may vary).
If this role is for you, please fill out our online Application Form to Apply Online
Job Title: Personal Assistant (Part-time)
Cork CIL is currently recruiting Part-Time skilled and experienced Personal Assistants (PAs) to work with people with physical disabilities in Cork City South Lee & Blackpool
Cork Centre for Independent Living (Cork CIL) is a HSE funded, not for profit organisation which specialises in working with people with disabilities aged 18-65 in their own homes and communities by offering person-centred supports to promote independent living, choice, and control in the daily lives of our service users.
The role of the PA is tailored to meet the requirements of the individual Service User, it can include support with intimate personal care, support with day-to-day activities like cooking and shopping as well as supporting social activities. We need people to join our team who have a good understanding of the impact of having a disability and the importance of professional boundaries and confidentiality.
It is an important job that makes a real difference
If you have experience in working with people with disabilities or care work, we want to meet you. We offer very competitive rates of pay, enhanced pay for anti-social hours, Sunday’s and Public Holidays, paid mileage (if eligible), a generous sick pay scheme, VHI employee assistance programme and ongoing training and support.
We have a range of morning, afternoon, early and late evening and night-time sessions to suit you
PA schedules are part time and rosters are made up of short sessions with different service users in their own homes in different locations.
Part Time Roster: early mornings, nights, evenings, and weekends – you can build your schedule around family commitments etc.
Staff Benefits Include
- Attractive rates of pay €14.05 to €18.18 gross basic per hour depending on experience. Paid fortnightly
- Premia payment for antisocial hours worked after 8.00 pm, additional payment for Saturday hours, Double Time on Sundays and Public Holidays
- Paid mileage for some work-related travel (if eligible)
- Option to contribute to a PRSA deducted at source
- Fully funded Mandatory Skills Training & Development
- VHI Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Ongoing support and supervision you with your work, queries and concerns by dedicated Service Co-ordinators
- Friendly office team who are always on hand to help with day to day queries
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- QQI Level 5 Health care or equivalent (or working towards)
- Up to date Patient Moving & Manual Handling & Hoist Experience an advantage
- Minimum of 200 hrs or 6 months experience of caring for others: both personal and previous work experience will be taken into consideration
- Experience with personal care is an advantage
Your responsibilities as a Personal Assistant will include
The role is a mixture of personal care and social inclusion, and you will be responsible for providing a high standard of person-centred care and support in compliance with Cork CIL Policies & Guidelines
Essential qualities of a Personal Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion, and patience.
Shortlisted candidates, invited for interview will be required to provide:
- 3 recent written references
- Evidence of qualifications and training to date
- Garda Vetting is a requirement for all staff, for new applicants employees this will be prior to induction and every 3 years thereafter
Successful applicants will be supported to successfully complete
- Cork CIL Induction Training
- On-line: Children First, Safeguarding, Covid-19 and Infection Control Training
You can read the full Job Description and Person Specification here – Job Description – Personal Assistant Cork CIL
Any queries and CV’s can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org