Welcome to the Cork CIL CLG 2020 website. There are pages for leaders, staff, and jobs, as well as information for people with disabilities, the general public, and students.
We will be posting regular updates for staff and Service Users (SUs) as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) is a new respiratory illness. There are 24,639 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland as of May 24th.
How to Wash Your Hands with Soap and Water
Protect Yourself from Coronavirus
We must all do our best to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus by adhering to the following safety guidelines:
- Wash your hands properly and regularly.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin, and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Practice social distancing.
Information for Personal Assistants
The COVID-19 Personal Assistant (PA) Practice Guidelines listed below have been developed to support staff during this unprecedented time. Our aim is to provide essential support while maintaining safety and reducing risk for both PA and Service User.
- PPE Update: May 1st (PDF, 136kb)
- Important Advice on the Use of Hand Sanitiser: May 1st (PDF, 116kb)
- COVID-19 Practice Guidelines: Updated Apr 27th (PDF, 556kb)
- HSE Staff Monitoring Guidance: Final Apr 23rd (PDF, 441kb)
- PPE Training and Support: Apr 22nd (PDF, 158kb)
- COVID-19 Cocooning Guidelines: Mar 30th (PDF, 126kb)
Additional information for all Cork CIL employees is available on the Novel Coronavirus 2019 page of the Staff Portal.
Information for Leaders/Service Users
We regret to inform Service Users that due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Travel Club is suspended until further notice.
The updates listed below outline changes to our services. There is also an informative Caronavirus poster.
- Service User Update: Mar 25th (PDF, 131kb)
- Letter to All Service Users: Mar 18th (PDF, 172kb)
- Letter to All Service Users: Mar 10th, 2020 (PDF, 206kb)
- COVID-19 Service Users’ Guidelines: Mar 10th, 2020 (PDF, 276kb)
- New Coronavirus Poster: Mar 16th (PDF, 572kb)
Cork CIL News
No less than 34 new and updated policies are now available. To view them, visit the revised A to Z of Cork CIL Policies page and enter the Staff Portal password.
Visit the Mileage and Allowable Expenses page and enter the Staff Portal password to download the Mileage and Expenses Calendar 2020, which is now available in both Excel and PDF formats.
The P60 was a certificate of your annual pay and deductions issued by the Revenue Commissioners at the end of every year. From Jan 1st, 2019, it was abolished in line with PAYE modernisation, and has been replaced by an Employment Details Summary (EDS).
For more information, visit the Employment Details Summary page and enter the Staff Portal password.
Please find below a link to the VHI EAP Employee Wellness Calendar 2020, which includes monthly newsletter titles, and also features some key national and international event days to be aware of throughout 2020. The topics will link to the Spotlight Features on the EAP Online Portal, as well as to the monthly updates.
- VHI EAP Employee Wellness Calendar 2020 (PDF, 2Mb)
The Board and Executive of Cork CIL are delighted to publish our new Strategic Plan 2019–24. Guiding the direction of Cork CIL over the next 4 to 5 years, the plan reaffirms our commitment to keeping Service Users central to all our activities.
- Next Direction: Cork CIL Strategic Plan 2019–24 (PDF, 849kb)
On Tue, Nov 19th, the Dáil unanimously agreed a motion put forward by Deputy Thomas Pringle TD on a right to a Personal Assistance Service (PAS) for disabled people. While an important milestone, this is just the first step on a long journey.
To incorporate changes in legislation, our Maternity, Paternity, and Parental Leave Policies have been updated. The changes increase your entitlements and options. If you have children and have not availed of all your entitlements, recently given birth, or are pregnant, please read the updated policies.