Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment. However, some will become seriously ill and require medical attention.
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe. These particles range from larger respiratory droplets to smaller aerosols.
You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are near someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth. The virus spreads more easily indoors and in crowded settings.
Symptoms of Covid 19
Common symptoms include fever , cough and tiredness. They can be like the symptoms of cold, flu or hay fever
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, even mild ones, you should
- Self-isolate (stay in your room) until 48 hours after your symptoms are mostly or fully gone
- Wear a face mask if you have to be around other people
Do these even if you completed your first round of COVID-19 vaccination, had a booster, or had COVID-19 in the past
If you have a positive antigen or PCR test you should self-isolate for at least 7 days
If you are worried call your GP for advice
If you are Cork CIL Service User please contact us so we can keep you, your PA and others safe. We can deliver PPE to your door
Please visits the HSE website for the most up to date advice and information about Covid 19 https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19
In Cork CIL we have very clear Covid 19 Practice Guidelines for Cork CIL staff, and we update these regularly. Staff should visit the staff portal for more information
How to Wash Your Hands with Soap and Water
Protect Yourself from Coronavirus
We must all do our best to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus by adhering to the following safety guidelines:
- Wash your hands properly and regularly.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin, and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a mask in shops on public transport and other crowded places.